The practice is provided for by art. 29 of the Legislative Decree. 286/98 allows non-EU citizens to be legal residents and present on the national territory to reunite their family members residing abroad.
Who carries out the reunification: citizen of non-EU nationality who holds a regular residence permit for reasons that allow for its renewal from year to year.
Rejoined: citizen of non-EU nationality residing abroad for whom family reunification is carried out.
Subjects for whom it is possible to carry out a reunification procedure:
- 1) Married, not legally separated, and not less than eighteen years old;
- 2) Minor children, including those of spouses or born out of wedlock, unmarried, provided that the other parent, if
- existing has given his consent;
- 3) Dependent children of age, if for objective reasons they cannot provide for their own indispensable needs
- life due to their state of health, which involves total invalidity;
- 4) Dependent parents, if they have no other children in the country of origin or provenance, or parents
- over 65, if the other children cannot support them for documented, serious health reasons.
- For reunification, children under eighteen are considered minors when applying for reunification. Minors adopted or entrusted or subject to guardianship are regarded as children.
- Sui: Single Immigration Desk located in the prefecture, responsible for analyzing applications and issuing Nulla Osta for family reunification practices.
- Prefecture: the peripheral body of the Ministry of the Interior and representative government office in each Province.
- Police Headquarters: It is the projection on the territory of the Department of Public Safety that guarantees the development, management, and
- organization of all the activities of the State Police in the Province.
Dpl: Provincial Labor Directorate
Diplomatic-consular representation: representation of a state in a foreign country. Nulla Osta: authorization issued by the competent body.
Passport: A formal recognition document or certificate issued by a long government that identifies the bearer as a citizen of that particular state and requires permission to enter and pass through other states in the name of the issuing state’s sovereignty or government.
Certificate of accommodation suitability/health and hygiene certificate: certificates issued by municipal technical offices/surveyors / Asl which certify the correspondence of the accommodation to the city parameters for identifying the number of people who can live within the square footage of the property itself, as well as the satisfaction of health and hygiene requirements.
If you need for more info don’t hesitate to contact us!
All The Visas Moving People in partnership with AnyExpat