Everything to know about Xe Money Transfer
Every day, thousands of people send money to another country. They could be sending money for any of the following reasons:
- Sending money to friends or family abroad
- Paying overseas suppliers or invoices
- Transferring money to or from your own account in another country
- Purchase real estate or make investments overseas
- Making payments for tuition, bills, debts, medical costs, or other overseas expenses
- And more…
Whatever your reason for sending money overseas, finding a secure, knowledgeable money transfer provider can make a huge difference in how much your money transfer costs, how quickly it arrives, and how convenient the process is on your end.
Xe provides individuals and businesses around the world with low-cost, quick and secure international money transfers, along with other foreign currency tools. Let’s take a closer look at what makes Xe the world’s trusted currency authority.
Who is Xe?
Xe, founded in 1993, is part of Euronet Worldwide (EWI), a Nasdaq-listed global provider of electronic and transaction processing solutions. Xe provides a comprehensive range of currency services and products, including:
- Quick, easy and secure money transfers for individuals and businesses
- Live exchange rates through the Currency Converter
- Market Analysis
- Currency Data API
Xe leverages technology to deliver these services through their website and mobile app, and also offers dedicated phone service from their team of currency experts.
Xe by the numbers
- 285+ million site visitors a year
- 60+ million Xe app downloads
- 100,000+ customers
- 20,000+ business clients in 100 industry sectors
- 98+ currencies available to transfer to 130+ countries
- 25+ years in the currency business
- Initiate transfers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Why use Xe?
- It’s fast & easy. You can make money transfers and manage your account online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from any device. No need to go to the bank or wait for business hours—all you need is an internet connection.
- Their transfers are secure. Xe takes the greatest care in ensuring the safety of their customers’ money and information, employing bank-grade security measures.
- Xe is thoroughly regulated. Xe Money Transfer has regulatory approval in every country that they operate in. This includes FinCen in the USA, the FCA in the UK, ASIC in Australia and the FMA in New Zealand.
- It’s more cost-effective than the competition. Xe offers great, competitive exchange rates and low fees*, so you’ll always know exactly how much you’re paying.
Xe has won the 2021 Canstar International Money Transfers Outstanding Value Award!
Why Xe won:
- best exchange rates
- low to no fees
- save customers the most money
Out of 21 international money transfer service providers, Xe was one of only five companies awarded.
Canstar has recognized Xe’s value in offering features such as our transparent exchange rates, the number of facilities available to customers around the world, and the support we give our customers.
What kinds of money transfers does Xe offer?
Every money transfer is different. In order to suit the variety of needs of its customers, Xe offers the following types of transfers:
- Spot transfers – Transfer immediately at the current rate.
- Forward contracts – Lock in today’s rate and set a future date for your transfer to be sent.
- Market orders – Identify a ‘target’ exchange rate, and the order will transact once that rate has been reached.
If you don’t have a need to transfer money just yet, Xe also allows you to set up Rate Alerts. Select your chosen currencies and set your ideal rate, and Xe will watch the markets for you and notify you once that rate has been reached.
How to send money with Xe
Sending money overseas with Xe is quick and simple, and should only take you a couple of minutes. If you need further assistance, you can contact the Xe team.
- Sign up
Set up your account online or over the phone. It’s quick, free and easy.
- Get a quote
Enter how much you’re transferring, which currencies and who to send it to. You will need your recipient’s name and banking information.
- Confirm & send
Once you’ve agreed on a transaction, either online or over the phone, simply send Xe the money (by bank transfer, card payment or direct debit) and they’ll do the rest.
Keep up to date with the progress of your transaction online or in the app 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Xe also sends notifications via email every step of the way.
Where can you send money with Xe?
You can find a full list of the countries you can send money to and from on Xe’s website. Take a look at the list here.
What else do you need to know about sending money with Xe?
- Transfers are typically completed in 1-4 business days, though most complete within 24 hours. Some currencies are transferred within minutes.
- There is no minimum transfer amount. Maximum transfer online is USD $500,000, but Xe can assist with larger transfers over the phone.
- Payment methods vary by country. If you’re unsure, contact Xe for assistance.
Ready to get started?
It only takes a couple of minutes to sign up for an Xe account and begin the process of saving time and money on your international money transfers.
*Charges may occasionally be applied by a third party bank when transferring the funds to Xe or before the funds arrive in the recipient account.
You must be logged in to reply.