About Us

Our professionally trained accounting team will manage your personal and business taxes and accounting obligations in Mexico.

Our services will help you understand the tax system in Mexico and provide you with accurate and reliable information to assist you in making financial decisions.

We specialize in providing accounting and tax solutions responsibly and reliably. We cater to individuals, small and medium-sized foreign and domestic companies in Mexico. Mextax is composed of a group of professionals who strive to satisfy our client’s needs and those of their business.

We remain focused on the ever-expanding business environment and legislative changes in Mexico that affect our clients to respond quickly and efficiently to new challenges.

Our Services

  • Monthly Accounting & Tax Declarations
  • Accurately completing your monthly accounting records
  • Monthly declaration of IVA & ISR
  • Applying for a FIEL with SAT
  • Assisting you in opening a corporate bank account
  • Completing your monthly accounting records
  • Account with Mexican residence
  • Reporting taxes as a corporation
  • Reporting taxes as an individual
  • Register your business name in Mexico
  • Register you Mexican Legal Entity
  • Register and obtain an RFC


It is the tax identification number in Mexico. RFC stands for Federal Taxpayers Registry. It identifies the contributors that carry out commercial activities, whether this is done as an individual or as corporation. The RFC number can be obtained only with Mexican residence or the incorporation of a Mexican company.

Not necessarily. There are several treaties in Mexico and other countries to avoid paying the same taxes twice. Contact us for more information.

  • Register at the RFC if you have not already.
  • Request the FIEL (the Advanced Electronic Signature). We can assist you in this process.
  • Issue CFDI – facturas (electronic invoices).
  • Use an Electronic Accounting System, according to the stablished in the CFF rules (Federal Fiscal Code) with capacity to generate XML.
  • Submission of provisional or definitive payments of certain taxes.
  • Submission of provisional taxes and annual corporate statement.
  • Submission of DIOT (Informative Statement of Third Parties Operations) if you are subject to VAT (Value Added Tax).

The federal taxes are: IVA or Vat (Value Added Tax) equal to 16% and the ISR tax (Income Tax) equal to 30%. These are the taxes every commercial activity provider must pay.

There are also state taxes that must be covered according to the activity of each enterprise, like the payroll tax if there are any employees, or the lodging tax if lodging activities are carried out.

Monthly statements and payments must be carried out, along with an annual statement.

Yes. Even when the company is not generating income or expenses, the statements must be made in a timely manner to avoid any penalty from the authorities.

No. Once the statement is done, your enterprise accountant notifies you whether you must pay taxes or not, and the company administrator should carry out the payments.

The most advisable thing is to hire an accountant, especially if you are a foreigner and do not have knowledge of Mexican fiscal laws. An accountant will make sure the accounting is registered the right, legal and practical way. An accounting team can help you reduce the tax payment making deductions and find potential problems.

Yes, if they are related to the company’s activities and a CFDI (electronic invoice) has been issued for such expenses.

Not necessarily. You can also suspend it for up to two years.

Contact MexTax


Add Review & Rate

Be the first to review “MexTax”

Latest Articles